How To Apply “Be Set Free Fast”
I am so grateful I discovered Be Set Free Fast. My dear friend shared it with my and said how it really transformed her experience. The creator Larry Nimms has a great official website with resources and he also shares his entire book Be Set Free Fast as a PDF.
I downloaded the whole book as a free PDF!
Summary of Process
With the cue word, you are treating two kind of statements:
1. Statements that, either consciously or unconsciously, you probably believe are true, but that it would be beneficial to no longer believe are true. Negative statements, such as I can’t do anything right, are in this category.
2. Statements that, either consciously or unconsciously, you probably do not believe are true, but that it would be beneficial to believe are true. Positive statements, such as I like myself, are in this category.
There’s a section of instructions you must read. Some cool facts are even if you don’t believe the technique it’s proven to be effective in removing negative self talk.
- Choose a Cue Word
2. Instructions to Subsconscious
Required Reading Pages 23-27
[Read These Pages Aloud]
Anger Forgiveness Treatment
I am now treating, in one treatment, all of my anger judgment, criticism and unforgiveness at or towards anyone involved in any of the problems I have just treated. Cue word
To tap for forgiveness, use the thumb of either hand to tap lightly on any other finger of the same hand while you repeat one of the following statements three times:
• I forgive you, ____________ [their name, he/she] is/was doing the best they can/could.
• I forgive everyone involved in the problems I have treated today, they are/were doing the best they can/could.
• I forgive you God (Lord, Father) and I know that you are/were always here/there and doing the best and right thing for me.
• I forgive you, The World/Life and I know you are just being what you are.
• I forgive myself, I know I am/was doing the best I can/could.
SUD Levels Throughout the BSFF Treatment Procedure, you can measure the level of the discomfort you are feeling with regard to a particular issue. The psychological term for this kind of measurement is SUD level, which stands for “subjective units of distress.” You can measure your SUD level when you start treating an issue and again at different steps of the treatment process. The SUD level is measured on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being none and 10 being the worst imaginable. In the BSFF Treatment Procedure, the goal is to bring the SUD level for the issue down to zero. Be Set Free Fast 33 SUD levels work well when you are consciously aware of a discomfort. When treating issues that you know or intuit are present but may not have strong feelings about in the moment, it is not necessary to measure the SUD level. If you do not recognize any intensity when you recognize an issue, you can ask yourself this question, “If I were having a feeling about this issue, how strong would it be?” Some people have trouble giving numeric values to their discomfort. If this is the case, just notice whether the discomfort is strong, medium or mild. The idea is to have some kind of measurement so you can compare how you feel at the end of a treatment to how you felt at the beginning. With practice, you will develop greater self-awareness and will be able to detect SUD levels more easily. Once you measure a SUD level, you might ask yourself, “How do I know it is this number?” What are you experiencing that indicates how strong it is? For example, if you are anxious about something and you measure it as an 8, you might notice a tightness in your abdomen, sweaty palms, jittery feelings all through your body, a slight headache, etc. By noticing each of these symptoms, you can compare them to what you feel at the end of a treatment.
Exercise 5.1. In your journal, answer these questions:
1. Do you feel resistant to BSFF? Why?
2. Assuming what we say about the potential effects of BSFF is true, what is it about being free of your problems that scares you?
3. Are you afraid that BSFF won’t work for you?
4. What are your doubts about BSFF or its ability to help you?
• Sit in a chair, preferably with your back straight. Cross your ankles or place your feet flat on the floor. Fold your hands gently in your lap and close your eyes.
• Take a few deep breaths in and out.
• Imagine that you are traveling inside of your body. Ask yourself, “What is stopping me from moving forward?” Wait for any answer.
• Write what you hear in your journal.
Close you eyes and take a few deep breaths. Put your attention in your abdomen. Do you feel any discomfort there? If you do, on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being nothing and 10 being awful, how strong is the discomfort? Scan different body parts. If you find any discomfort, measure the intensity of the sensation. You might also want to think about issues that you are dealing with and see how strong the intensity is when you do this.
“Be Set Free Fast” Process
State the issue. Measure the SUD level of your discomfort.
Treat each of these by saying or thinking your cue word.
State each problem and underlying belief
that you can detect within the issue.
• I like myself. Cue word.
• I have a good mind. Cue word.
• I am a good person. Cue word.
“If I were to measure what I imagine my self-image to be, what number would it be?” Step 2. Silently or out loud, state each problem and/or underlying belief that is related to the issue. After each statement, think, speak, visualize or write your cue word.
If any additional statements come into your mind, say them, followed by your cue word. You may experience some memories of times when you felt inadequate, embarrassed, or ashamed of who you are. You can turn these into statements that you treat by saying your cue word; for example: I was so embarrassed when other kids made fun of me. Cue word.
If you feel like repeating a statement, follow it each time by your cue word. Follow that instinct. There may be multiple problems underneath the statement, and repeated treatments can clear them all. Keep treating until you feel a sense of peace and calm, and if you measured the SUD level when you started, you notice that the SUD level has diminished, preferably all the way down to zero.
At any point, if you feel anger towards someone coming up, you can do The Anger/Forgiveness Routine we described in the last chapter. In the majority of cases, this is not necessary. However, some issues, especially those that involve violence or abuse, stimulate anger, and this needs to be treated with The Anger/Forgiveness Routine during the treatment for the specific issue.
3. Global Statement
At the end of a series of statements, you will make one final statement, called the Global Statement, which covers all of the residual problems related to an issue. You can vary the Global Statement as long as you make it allinclusive.
I am now treating, in one treatment, all of my ___________
(name of issue) and all of the limiting thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, and emotions that would ever make me keep
or take back ______________ (name of issue). Cue word.
State the issue. Take a SUD level again to see if the discomfort has diminished. If you still have discomfort, do The Fail-Safe Procedure outlined below.
5. Fail-Safe Procedure
First state the persistent problem for which you are not getting relief. Then say each of the following statements, followed by your cue word. Some chronic issues have a body-based component and need to be treated with The Fail-Safe Procedure as if it were the body that is resistant to letting go of the issue. The Fail-Safe Procedure using the words “my body” wherever the word “I” appears.
• I want to be free of this problem. Cue word.
• I am willing to be free of this problem. Cue word.
• I am willing to be free of this problem now and continually from now on (permanently, forever, etc.).Cue word.
• I give myself permission to be free of this problem continually from now on. Cue word.
• It’s okay for me to be completely free of this problem continually from now on. Cue word.
• I deserve to be permanently free of this problem continually from now on. Cue word.
• I will do everything necessary to see to it that I am free, and remain continually free of this problem from now on. Cue word.
• There are still one or more problems that will make me keep or take back this problem. Cue word.
• There is still something in me that will make me keep or take back this problem. Cue word.
• I am still vulnerable to taking this problem back sometime. Cue word.
6. Multiple Treatments
Treat as many issues or problems as you have time for in the session. After each one, treat the Global Statement. Take a deep breath and measure the SUD level of your discomfort. If you still have residual discomfort, do The Fail-Safe Procedure.
Summary of The Closing Sequence
At the end of every session, do the following: 1. Treat the Stoppers. You can use one statement to treat all Stoppers. 2. Do The Anger/Forgiveness Routine for anyone involved in any of the problems you have treated during the session. 3. Do The Anger/Forgiveness Routine for yourself for any problems treated during the session. 4. (optional) Do the spiritual cleanup. If you think of and treat any more problems after doing The Closing Sequence, you will need to do The Closing Sequence again.
Step 4. Treat the Stoppers. To treat the Stoppers, say each statement listed here, then your cue word. It doesn’t matter if you think any particular statement does not apply to you. Do them anyway because there is a good chance most of them are in your subconscious programming. You can treat any Stoppers that you notice, but be sure to include all of the following: Be Set Free Fast 41 • I am afraid that these treatments won’t work for me. Cue word. • I am afraid that these treatments won’t last. Cue word. • I doubt that they will work. Cue word. • I doubt that they will last. Cue word. • I don’t trust myself to do things effectively in these new ways. Cue word. • I doubt that I will do things effectively in these new ways. Cue word. • I doubt my ability to live out these changes in my life. Cue word. • I am vulnerable to taking back one or more of the problems I have treated. Cue word. After you become familiar with the entire sequence of these closing Stoppers, you can give the following instruction to your subconscious: From now on, I need only say, “Now I am
Step 5. Clear up any remaining anger, judgment, criticism, and unforgiveness towards anyone involved in any of the problems you have treated. Do this by saying, I am now treating all my remaining anger, judgment, criticism, and unforgiveness towards anyone involved in any of the problems I have treated during this session. Then say your cue word. Then, tap, as you repeat three times, I forgive all of you; I know that you were doing the best you could. Step 6. Clear up all the anger, judgment, criticism and unforgiveness you have towards yourself for any problem you have treated during the session. First, say, I am now treating all of my anger, judgment, criticism and unforgiveness towards myself for any problem I have treated during this session. Then say your cue word. Then, tap, as you repeat three times, I forgive myself, I know that I’m doing the best I can. Be Set Free Fast 42 Step 7. The spiritual cleanup (optional) Depending on your spiritual beliefs or God concept, you may feel the need to clear up any anger you feel toward God/Higher Power by using a statement such as I am angry with God. Follow this with your cue word, then do a forgiveness treatment such as: I forgive you God (Spirit, Mother, Father, Lord) and I know that you are/were always there and doing the best and right thing for me. Cue word.