I’ve always been fortunate enough to LOVE reading! Unfortunately pleasure reading is an addiction and I cannot function until the book is finished. I’ve pulled many an all-nighter for a good book. I hardly slept while reading the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy! And the second time years later caught me again!!
Financial books have always held my attention although I can put them down to go to sleep at a decent hour! When I first got interested in financial literacy at 15, I spent my own money on purchasing all the Rich Dad books. I even persuaded my senior English teacher to let me read financial books for class credit.
“Leaders are Readers” has stuck with me and I am grateful when I take the time to read positive things. 30 minutes a day would be great and even 1 page a day is an excellent practice!
[A few] Books I’ve Read and Highly Recommend
These are non-negotiable MUST READS if you are going to begin your own financial freedom journey!
Who Moved My Cheese? – Spencer Johnson
I try to read this book once a year – it’s a quick and easy read. It’s about dealing with the inevitable changes in life.
The Secret – Rhonda Byrne
The secret to life! Another book that should be read yearly. It’s about uses the greatest force in the world – our mind – to consciously bring the results we desire into our life.
You Were Born Rich – Bob Proctor
Circle of Profit – Anik Singal
Other fantastic books:
CashFlow Quadrant – Robert Kiyosaki
A must read about the 4 categories we fall into – Employee, Self Employed, Business Owner, Investor
Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
Basic money principles and a timeless classic that started the personal success movement
How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
Finished reading in January 2014 and wrote a blog post review on it. Very insightful about human relations!
Save and Grow Rich – Roger Caron
This eBook was written by my uncle’s friend who is a self-made millionaire. This book presents finances in such a simple way it really made me take to heart all the financial principles I’ve known but never implemented it.
The Total Money Makeover – Dave Ramsey
My first partner on a real estate investment gave me this book. I really like the aspects to apply to my personal finances. The book is written for the typical person with an average income carrying debt. His motto is “Live like no one else (live below your means, save and payoff all debt) so one day you can live like no one else (no debt expenses including mortgage and giant savings account).
- Outwitting The Devil, Napoleon Hill
Books & Authors on my current To-Read List
- T. Harv Eker’s books
- Mike Dillard
- Three Feet From Gold
- As a Man Thinketh, James Allen
If you have books to add to my list, please let me know!
Recommended Reading List (compiled from Mentors)
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- Napoleon Hill’s Think & Grow Rich, Golden Rules, The Law of Success,
- Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D Wattles
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- It’s Not About The Money by Bob Proctor
- Dale Carnegie’s How To Win Friends and Influence People, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- Start With Why
- Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins
- No B.S. Time Management For Entrepreneurs, No B.S. Wealth Attraction in the New Economy
- Jim Rohn’s Leading an Inspired Life, The Philosophy for Successful Living
- The Psychology Influence of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D
- Bringing Out the Best in People by Alan Loy McGinnis
Recommended Audio List
- Tim Ferriss
- Napoleon Hill
- Earl Nightingale
- Bob Proctor
- Les Brown
- Zig Ziglar
- Tony Robbins
- Jack Canfield
- Darren Hardy
- Maxwell Maltz
- Harv Eker