Lauren’s Inner Bank Guide
Apply this Powerful Financial Freedom Exercise to Reach Your Dreams Faster!
Step 1: Define Your Goal
Step 2: Determine Value Events
Step 3: Create Your Notebook
Step 4: Establish Your Routine
Step 5: Experience Your Dreams
Click on Section Headings
Below to Expand/Hide Content
Introduction to the Inner Bank and Mental Bank Concept
Aloha! I’m Lauren and I discovered this concept called the Mental Bank a number of years ago. The idea behind the Mental Bank is to expand your current personal belief about your money experience (reprogram your subconscious).
Armed with a new self-worth and recording the daily value you’re creating (plus getting paid big checks!) this exercise influences your behaviors so you create a more abundant life that matches your updated Inner Bank.
I practiced the exercise several times on my Financial Freedom Journey and always experienced positive results. So this time when I was ready to “level up” again for a new business venture, I turned back to my Mental Bank notes. I really wanted to keep up the nightly practice (ensuring my best goal results) so I took some time to developed some key resources I needed.
The first thing I needed was a 3-ring notebook with templates - now it’s so easy to keep up with! More parts grew and soon I had created my own Inner Bank system. My friends kept asking me how I was doing it and I love to share so I put everything together in this post so you to start your Inner Bank tonight!
Here's an overview video I made explaining my Inner Bank System
My dream goal is I am a financially free millionaire living in my own 6000'+ dream home that's free and clear. It's an estate built on a family farm with over 12 oceanfront acres in Hawaii and I receive over $1,000,000 a year of passive income. This means my monthly income lifestyle is receiving over $83,333 per month if I never do a day more of work!
This dream life is a huge jump from what I have experienced so far. By doing this mental bank exercise and experiencing the feeling of living as a financially free millionaire already, I quickly begin to attract the people and circumstances into my life to make it happen. I shared this powerful Financial Freedom Exercise with my friends and - wow! - they are also having exciting experiences of receiving more money and reaching their goals faster!
Inner Bank History
Lauren derived her Inner Bank Finacial Freedom Exercise from the Mental Bank Concept by John Kapaas
Mental Bank Development
"The Mental Bank program, developed by Dr. John Kappas and the staff of the Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI), represents the culmination of 30 years experience in the field of subconscious and behavioral reprogramming.
The text explains in easy to follow steps the five synergistic elements of the Mental Bank program and how to get them working in your life in less than five minutes per day.
The Mental Bank program is a dramatic demonstration of how your subconscious mind is a goal machine, driven to achieve whatever it is programmed for. The Mental Bank program puts you in the driver's seat for programming your subconscious mind to achieve success, happiness and prosperity, easily and effortlessly."
Success is Not an Accident: The Mental Bank Concept by John G. Kappas.Just so you know, this video is not 5 minutes - it's 2 hours! Continue reading this post for my "Cliff Notes" 😉
Additional Websites for Information
- Mental Bank - Official PDF Explaining Process https://hypnosis.edu/distance/advanced/workbooks/v8.pdf .
- Mental Bank Book - Success is Not an Accident https://www.amazon.com/Success-Not-Accident-Mental-Concept/dp/0937671657 .
- Mental Bank Founder's Website https://hypnosis.edu/streaming/mental-bank/ .
- Mental Bank Resources http://www.submindtools.com/the-mental-bank
Applying My Inner Bank Process
Note from Lauren
A coincidence (or there are no coincidences!) is my personal connection to HMI because what helped me to define my goal was several appointments there in January 2014. I saw myself as a financially free millionaire coming down the stairs of my dream home and raced ahead with my life in that direction. I didn't put the connection between HMI & Mental Bank until I put together this blog post!
Years ago in Los Angeles, I heard of the Mental Bank concept, Googled it and put it into practice for a bit. It was cool getting paid for my daily "value!" however my routine changed and I fell out of practice. Then at my Entrepreneur Meetup, one of the members gave a presentation on using the Mental Bank after she had taken the official course. Only then did I find the free online PDF from HMI.
Three times over several years I used the mental bank for short periods and experienced a tremendously positive effect plus I actually had money come "outta nowhere" during those times. Yet I didn't have consistency until I put my own spin on the Mental Bank Concept and developed some great templates and resources I call the "Inner Bank Financial Freedom Exercise." I'm happy to share the resources I use and am very pleased with my results using my Inner Bank nightly.
Step 1: Define Your GoalWhat do you truly want? It surprised me to learn the majority of people never have a definite goal. I have known what I want - to live in my dream house as a financially free millionaire traveling the world with my family sharing entrepreneurship with everyone.
Money GoalIf you have a specific money amount, just plug that into the goal. Using the "SMART Goal" method is a good way determine amount
Other GoalsA weight loss goal could be defined as $100,000 and I’ll pay myself according to my weight loss and value events like eating healthy or exercising.
UndecidedHaving big goals for yourself is great, though if you’re starting from a place of confusion or lack of desires (and maybe everything sucks in your life right now), then it’s hard to feel like your wildest dreams are coming true. That’s where the 4 areas of Peace of Mind come in to the equation by looking at different areas that you want to improve.
Peace of MindThe 4 Areas of Peace of Mind
Envisioning Your Dream Life
This is where the magic starts! Go big!!Goals of "I want to be rich, I want to live in a big house, I want to have a ranch in the mountains, I want to be married, I want to travel, I want to be healthy" are all great though it’s vital to get specific.
How much money do you actually want?
Getting specific allows you to really make the goals measurable.
- Does $1 million dollars make you feel rich or $100 million?
- Do you want a $200,000 house or a $20 million dollar house?
- How large is your house?
- Where is it located?
- What’s the monthly household expense?
- Will you need a chef, housekeeper, gardener? How often?
- Someone to do errands and drive the kids to school?
- A personal assistant to handle your to do list?
- What’s your ideal budget for shopping/eating out/household expenses?
- Do you want to travel each month? Vacations?
- Personal jet or just flying first class?
- Do you have a partner? A new one? Kids?
- What does your ideal body look like?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Do you work?
Step 2: Establish Value Events
Value events are based on actions you do that get you closer to your goals! Things that add value to your day are, in fact, contributing to your success. Yes, it can even be serving others, taking a course, meditating or spending time with family. Developing great relationships with quality family time or business masterminding phone calls are great examples of value events.
Determining Your Hourly RateThe difference between calculating the Mental Bank Way vs The Inner Bank Way is the Mental Bank uses an annual income to determine hourly rates, while the Inner Bank calculates monthly.
- Take goal amount and multiply it by 4 to get Inner Bank target
- Example - Goal: $10,000 Goal x 4 = $40,000 Target
- Divide that number by 720 to get hourly, monthly wage
- This is calculated around the clock
- Example - $40,000 / 720 = $55/hr, I prefer to round it
- Double or triple hourly wage for bonus events
- Example - $55/hr x 2 = $110/hr bonus rate
- Determine varying amount for flat rate events
- Example - $500 for attending a workshop
- Example - $100 for getting 8+ hours of sleep
All events must be on this list to get paid!Look at the 4 areas of Peace of Mind to determine your overall total (see Peace of Mind in Goals above)
- Health goals may have value events like exercising, food choices, sleep routine, water amounts, etc.
- Wealth/money goals may have value events for: responding to emails, talking to clients, sales calls, reading or listening to learning materials.
Assign the hourly rate (yes, it can be in the hundreds or even thousands $$) and a flat rate for each event: listen to yourself on determining what is an "Hourly Rate" event and what will stay at a "Flat Rate" fixed amount.
Overall the majority of value event entries should be hourly to help you gain more awareness on where your time spent regarding your goals.
- Health Goals may get an hourly rate for exercise and a flat rate amount for healthy food choices or reaching your nightly sleeping target
- Money goals may get an hourly rate for working on projects and perhaps a flat rate for each quick followup call
Bonus EventsWhen something is super hard to do or scary and brings you a significant step closer to your goals, these events are paid 2- 3 times the usual amount. Example: Making cold calls, going for a run, doing a project you want to avoid.
Now Go Big!
What is your Dream Lifestyle Budget?
Wanna $1,000,000 a year?
$1,000,000 x 4 = $4,000,000 Target Goal
$4,000,000 / 12 = $333,333 per month
$333,333 / 720 = $463 per hour!
Step 3: Create Your Inner Bank Notebook
My Product Recommendations*Click to Buy on Amazon Prime*
- 3-Ring 1" Binder
- 3-Hole Punch
- 8 Tab Dividers
- 3-Ring Zippered Pouch
- Scientific Calculator
- Recycled Printer Paper
- Blue Pens
I find it a lot easier to have a 3-ring binder for my Inner Bank Exercise and hole punch my printed templates. The dividers separate your daily ledger and the other sections. Make sure you have a good calculator (and not the basic 8 digit) because you will be calculating into the millions! You can also use the calculator function on a phone or computer. I use the pouch to hold my blue pens and checkbooks.
I write real checks to myself and put them on the wall for a powerful visual. I highly recommend using specific checks for this exercise; for $20 I ordered a separate box of real checks from my bank just for my Inner Bank paychecks. It's an amazing feeling KNOWING I will cash them soon! _
The most important practice of the Inner Bank Financial Freedom Exercise is doing it nightly. I developed these Inner Bank Templates that I personally use to make it easier though you can also just do journal entries. ...
- Inner Bank Contract
- Inner Bank Ledger
- The Happenings
- Value Events
- Cashflow Sheet
Buy Inner Bank Resources
For Best "Inner Bank" Results, Join Our Accountability Group & Receive Your Templates FREE!
Step 4: Inner Bank Routine
Ah, ha! This is where the magic happens!
Practicing this financial freedom exercise every night is the key to making this work for you.
Do it every night for one week to start!!
Since learning of the Mental Bank several years ago I would practice it for a few weeks at a time. Each time I felt such amazing growth in my mentality! This year as I pursued huge goals I brought the Mental Bank out of my "toolbox." I got serious about it and added real paychecks and made a notebook. I made the commitment to bank every night.
Once again using this exercise I started getting amazing results plus I was feeling so much better! I decided to share how I've adapted it to my own Inner Bank routine and created the Facebook Accountability Group. I have no foreseeable ending this practice as I'm continually reaping the benefits! Life just keeps getting better and better! I'm crossing $21,000,000 tonight and my real life has shifted even more positively!
Calculating Daily Pay
Write out each event on the ledger and in the beginning recording each item is extremely beneficial. Pay yourself for the 10-15 minutes you spend doing this exercise each night.
After a few months I began to dread the ledger because I was constantly tracking my time and feeling anxious if not working enough. Not cool! Negative feelings are my sign for a course correction. So I re-did my Inner Bank Contract and went with a flat rate of $12,000 an hour x 24 hours a day - that changed my attitude and I enjoyed banking again.
After awhile re-did my contract again to get daily passive income plus have a routine checklist I reuse to streamline the process. I've tailored this exercise to work for me and you do the same. The most important thing is just to do it! 🙂
My Evolving Ledger
- Log each Event and Record the Rate and Time
- Example: Health Goal - Drinking Water $20/Bottle flat rate, 6x
- Example: Relationship Goal - Go on Date $400/hr rate, 90 minutes
- Example: Money Goal - Cold Calls $800/hr bonus rate, 45 minutes
- Calculate all Events at the same time using a Calculator
- Example: Health Goal - Drinking Water $20/Bottle flat rate, 6 times = $20 x 6 bottles = $120
- Example: Relationship Goal - Date $400/hr rate, 90 minutes = 90 min / 60 min = 1.5hrs x $400 = $600
- Example: Money Goal - Cold calls $800/hr Bonus rate, 45 minutes = 15 min / 60 min = .25hrs x $800 = $200
- Record Daily Total and add to your Inner Bank Balance
- Example: Cold Calls $200 + Date $600 + Water $120 = $920 for the day!
- $920 for the day + previous Inner Bank balance equals your new current balance
- Pay Yourself and Deposit into Inner Bank
- Journal and write out the following script each day, "Today,(write-the-date), I am so happy and grateful receiving $##,### $(write-out-the-full-number-in-cursive) making my new balance $#,###,### $(write-out-the-full-number-in-cursive) "
- Example: Today, January 1st, 2017 I am so happy and grateful receiving $5,327.12 five thousand three hundred twenty-seven dollars and twelves cents making my new balance $612,973.42 six hundred twelve thousand nine hundred seventy-three dollars and forty-two cents
- Your daily pay is written on the ledger and the official paycheck is issued weekly
- Record Happenings from the Day! This is your chance to reflect on opportunities you've been given each day to move closer to your ultimate goals. You'll start to recognize the daily occurrences of abundance. As you look for them, they'll become more numerous and greater. Because what you give attention to, grows.
- Calculate the total of each day during the week and write a check for that amount! Writing that check makes it real. Seeing those numbers next to your name makes a powerful statement. "You are wealthy, you are worthy. You deserve that abundance of money!"
- I keep my current Inner Bank Paycheck in my wallet each week
Advanced BankingYou can allocate your Inner Bank income and get investments. I love seeing my "Fun Money" add up and it's also good to practice paying a big tax bill for these millions! I made worksheets for these in my templates
- Cashflow Worksheet Allocation
- Update Investments(Add Screenshot of what amounts of money get allocated, allocation checks and investments)
Step 5: Experience Your Dream
Acknowledge and give gratitude for the abundance manifesting in your experience!
Your mind must wrap itself around this idea of seeing abundance all around you, regardless of what your circumstances may be. When you start to SEE abundance in your everyday life, you're given more. So acknowledge and give gratitude for each and every one of those blessings! More comes to you, and more and more and more. That's where you experience your dream and build the life you're truly meant to live.
Inner Bank Concept
Your thoughts or self-belief about money
or achieving goals determine your experience
of abundance (or lack of it) in your life.
Quote from Robert Kiyosaki in Rich Dad, Poor Dad
“[My poor] dad had a habit of saying, “I can’t afford it.” [My rich] dad forbade those words to be used. He insisted I ask, “How can I afford it?”
One is a statement, and the other is a question. One lets you off the hook, and the other forces you to think … I can’t afford it’ shuts down your brain [because] it didn’t have to think anymore … It also brings up sadness, a helplessness that leads to despondency and often depression.
‘How can I afford it?’ opens up the brain, forces it to think and search for answers. It also opens up possibilities, excitement and dreams and creates a stronger mind
and dynamic spirit.”
What are your thoughts about money?
Reoccurring thoughts like “I always have plenty of money” or “I never have enough money” play out in that person’s life experience.
Money is an idea and the ideas you are thinking prompts feelings. Those feelings create an expectation that becomes your life experience. If you believe “I always just get by” then it is so.
Are you ready for a more abundant life experience?
Applying this practice changes the way you think about your personal value and your relationship with money. Positively expanding both of these self-beliefs allows you to experience the life of your dreams even sooner! Start practicing this exercise every night this week and enjoy your first huge paycheck shortly!
5 Reasons this Financial Freedom
Exercise is So Powerful
Lauren’s Inner Bank System is derived from the well-known Mental Bank Concept which culminates over 30 years of research at HMI. Here are the 5 components that make up the foundation of this nightly practice many people have used with successful results.
“Success is NOT an Accident!” HMI Motto
“The 5 Synergistic Elements
1. BELIEF – Put into action your new, successful script and rewrite your subconscious
2. DAILY REINFORCEMENT – In fact, it WILL work as long as we do it!
3. SCRIPTING – Bypassing the critical area of the mind and entering the subconscious
4. TIME OF DAY – The last half hour before sleep is referred to as the “Magic 30 Minutes”
5. DREAMS – New program in and vent out the old program dreaming”
Start Applying this
Inner Bank Exercise Tonight!